Cuddy Hatch

Anything to do with your boat, say it here. Got problems? Need Help? Want to Brag? Do it here.

Moderators: Coz, SadReality

Cuddy Hatch

Postby WhiskyTango » Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

Cuddy Cabin Top hatch flew open and shattered at the end of last year. I did not realize how expensive these things are(275-700)

I think mine is somewhere beterrn 17-20in, square. Does anyone know where I can go about getting a used one? Maybe off of a junked boat?
"Stuck in Lodi again"
User avatar
WhiskyTango
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 am
Location: ALGONQUIN,IL
Boat Model: 20 ft Galaxy Lazer
Boat Name:: WhiskyTango

Advertisement

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Coz » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

WhiskyTango wrote:Cuddy Cabin Top hatch flew open and shattered at the end of last year. I did not realize how expensive these things are(275-700)

I think mine is somewhere beterrn 17-20in, square. Does anyone know where I can go about getting a used one? Maybe off of a junked boat?



http://www.bkboatnsleds.com/ might be a good place to start.
baby e wrote:just ..."be cool" and you will be fine.
User avatar
Coz
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:31 am
Location: Lake Villa
Boat Model: Formula 252BR

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Liquid Lifestyle » Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

I would check with the BK boys. If they don't have something, then I would also check Kendor marine. They have all kinds of discontinued items and overstock for boats. I bet you could find something there also.

http://kendormarine.com/
I spent a lot of time relaxing on the boat.... and the rest I wasted.
bottle service looks with body shot attitude
User avatar
Liquid Lifestyle
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11472
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:48 am
Location: Fox River Grove
Boat Model: Regal 2450
Boat Name:: Liquid Lifestyle

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby flatlander » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Liquid Lifestyle wrote:I would check with the BK boys. If they don't have something, then I would also check Kendor marine. They have all kinds of discontinued items and overstock for boats. I bet you could find something there also.

http://kendormarine.com/

my office is near there if you find something let me know i need to get some stuff from there anyway
Hey buddy that little bit your taking i'll never miss!
User avatar
flatlander
The Destroyer of Dunn's Lake
The Destroyer of Dunn's Lake
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm
Boat Name:: up til dawn comes again

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby iamchas » Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Is the entire hatch messed up or just the lens? Several years ago I cracked the 'glass' of my hatch and I had it replaced at a very reasonable price. If I remember correctly, it was the glass company in downtown Grayslake near the railroad tracks. I took the hatch off and brought it in to them.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
User avatar
iamchas
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 3245
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Location: NW Corner of Fox Lake
Boat Model: Chapparal 254 Sunesta
Boat Name:: Big Tuna II

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Jono » Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 am

Kendor is very proud of their hatches as they are charging top dollar for 20 year old parts. I shopped around quite a bit and ended up buying a new hatch for my 89 Bayliner at Fox Lake Harbor for a little over 200 bucks. (or maybe it was 250)
Can't lives on won't street!
User avatar
Jono
Raider of Redhead Lake
Raider of Redhead Lake
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Fox Lake
Boat Model: 1989 Bayliner 2455 Ciera
Boat Name:: ALOTA DRAMA

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby WhiskyTango » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

I know I am such a cheap ass, but this is my first boat, and I dont want to throw 250 in to a boat I would be lucky to get 4000 for. Id rather throw the 250 in to my new boat savings jar, rather than my boat repair jar. Thanks for all the good input
"Stuck in Lodi again"
User avatar
WhiskyTango
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 am
Location: ALGONQUIN,IL
Boat Model: 20 ft Galaxy Lazer
Boat Name:: WhiskyTango

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Slatern » Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 pm

WhiskyTango wrote:I know I am such a cheap ass, but this is my first boat, and I dont want to throw 250 in to a boat I would be lucky to get 4000 for. Id rather throw the 250 in to my new boat savings jar, rather than my boat repair jar. Thanks for all the good input


Could you fix it your self with plexiglass and caulk?
User avatar
Slatern
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby 26quest » Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Quality Glass & Mirror
70 Rawls Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Ph (847) 297-6104

i have used them for glass table tops, custom mirrors, etc. prices are VERY reasonable.....cant hurt to give them a call (possibly a piece of tempered glass)
Tim
User avatar
26quest
Plunderer of Petite Bay
Plunderer of Petite Bay
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 pm
Boat Model: 26' Powerquest SLS - Sold
Tri-Toon
Boat Name:: TBD...any thoughts?

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby AlwaysSober » Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

26quest wrote:Quality Glass & Mirror
70 Rawls Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Ph (847) 297-6104

i have used them for glass table tops, custom mirrors, etc. prices are VERY reasonable.....cant hurt to give them a call (possibly a piece of tempered glass)

They have a CNC machine there as well as their own tempering oven. I swear they charge off the street people wholesale prices and glass shops street prices lol
"Because giving your credit card number to Facebook is always a good idea."
User avatar
AlwaysSober
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Round Lake/Southport
Boat Model: Maxum 2400 SC3
Maxum 3200 SCR

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby easylivin » Mon May 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.
I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.
~Kinsey M. Robinson, President - United Union of Roofers
User avatar
easylivin
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: COL Marina
Boat Model: 2004 Rinker 270

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Jono » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

easylivin wrote:I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.

What size and what color??
Can't lives on won't street!
User avatar
Jono
Raider of Redhead Lake
Raider of Redhead Lake
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Fox Lake
Boat Model: 1989 Bayliner 2455 Ciera
Boat Name:: ALOTA DRAMA

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Jeepboy498 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

I've seen someone just cut a piece of plywood and throw it on there with a piano hinge... not sure how nice it looked, but seemed to work for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
AnchorMark. One man's battle against bruised feet. Use it.
User avatar
Jeepboy498
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby AlwaysSober » Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Jeepboy498 wrote:I've seen someone just cut a piece of plywood and throw it on there with a piano hinge... not sure how nice it looked, but seemed to work for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....


Someone probably labored long and hard on that. As long as they did the best they could, who are we to mock them? :D
"Because giving your credit card number to Facebook is always a good idea."
User avatar
AlwaysSober
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Round Lake/Southport
Boat Model: Maxum 2400 SC3
Maxum 3200 SCR

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby easylivin » Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Jono wrote:
easylivin wrote:I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.

What size and what color??



It's the Bomar G966 1100 black with no screen. Look it up on this link to see the size, hole cut, etc.
http://www.marinedeal.com/product_p/bom-g9271111.htm
I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.
~Kinsey M. Robinson, President - United Union of Roofers
User avatar
easylivin
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: COL Marina
Boat Model: 2004 Rinker 270

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby flatlander » Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Jono wrote:Kendor is very proud of their hatches as they are charging top dollar for 20 year old parts. I shopped around quite a bit and ended up buying a new hatch for my 89 Bayliner at Fox Lake Harbor for a little over 200 bucks. (or maybe it was 250)

yea they used to be reasonable now they get top dollar for beat up stuff but if you need it in a day you can drive up there and get it.
Hey buddy that little bit your taking i'll never miss!
User avatar
flatlander
The Destroyer of Dunn's Lake
The Destroyer of Dunn's Lake
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm
Boat Name:: up til dawn comes again

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby WhiskyTango » Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 am

easylivin wrote:I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.


I think mine is 17 inches, does that sound right, what size do you have I may be able to cut the hole bigger. Thanks
"Stuck in Lodi again"
User avatar
WhiskyTango
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 am
Location: ALGONQUIN,IL
Boat Model: 20 ft Galaxy Lazer
Boat Name:: WhiskyTango

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby easylivin » Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 pm

WhiskyTango wrote:
easylivin wrote:I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.


I think mine is 17 inches, does that sound right, what size do you have I may be able to cut the hole bigger. Thanks


Take a look at the link below.
Scroll down to the G966-1100.
They have several dimensions listed. The hatch opening is: 19 1/4" X 19 1/4" so you better check first.

http://www.marinedeal.com/product_p/bom-g9271111.htm
I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.
~Kinsey M. Robinson, President - United Union of Roofers
User avatar
easylivin
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
The Bandit of Brandenberg Lake
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: COL Marina
Boat Model: 2004 Rinker 270

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby richierich » Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 pm

several years ago my hatch blew open and the lense popped out and flew past my head and into the waters behind me , I measured it , and had Ace Hardware cut me a new piece ,, instead of the original clear lense, i used tinten lexan , looked great , used 3m adhesive , if i remember it costed me under 50 bucks and looked great !
User avatar
richierich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm
Boat Model: Sea Ray 250 Sundancer

Re: Cuddy Hatch

Postby Jono » Wed May 16, 2012 7:58 am

easylivin wrote:
WhiskyTango wrote:
easylivin wrote:I just happen to have one sitting in my garage, brand new, in the box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.


I think mine is 17 inches, does that sound right, what size do you have I may be able to cut the hole bigger. Thanks


Take a look at the link below.
Scroll down to the G966-1100.
They have several dimensions listed. The hatch opening is: 19 1/4" X 19 1/4" so you better check first.

http://www.marinedeal.com/product_p/bom-g9271111.htm


Sent PM...........
Can't lives on won't street!
User avatar
Jono
Raider of Redhead Lake
Raider of Redhead Lake
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Fox Lake
Boat Model: 1989 Bayliner 2455 Ciera
Boat Name:: ALOTA DRAMA

Next

Return to Boat Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Message Board Photo Gallery Boating Info

Entertainment Info Events Calendar

cron